6 Tips for Picking out Dog Shampoo
It is vital to take good care of our dogs grooming needs. However, with the vast array of shampoos available it can be hard to decide which shampoo to buy. You need to keep several things in mind when picking out a shampoo to use on your dog.
- Make sure the shampoo is formulated for dogs. Shampoos for dogs are made to keep your dogs pH level consistent.
- You should check to see if any chemicals are added or if the shampoo has been tested on animals. If it has been tested on animals I would avoid buying it.
- You’ll want to make sure it has fatty acids. Fatty acids provide nutrients for the skin and coat, making the coat shiny and smooth.
- Look for vitamins B5 and biotin; these will help thickened the coat hair. Vitamin E is also beneficial.
- A good shampoo will include extracts such as Aloe Vera, peppermint, burdock, shea butter and tea tree oils. Keep in mind dogs can have allergies and may have an allergic reaction to certain types of extracts.
- A good shampoo will not have any added fragrance, which can cause skin irritations and allergies. Natural fragrance will not cause irritation or allergies.
I like Earthbath dog shampoo.